Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests depositing and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting supplier. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a peek at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you'd like to establish a weblog, e-mails, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain file storage providers, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely awry interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between different sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a vast quantity of pics with chums or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your email address accounts. Some providers provide website hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to manage as many video clips as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific web content only.